Have you had experiences that you just cannot share with anyone because they will think that you are…well…weird? Has God been speaking to you and showing you things that will happen? Has God told you that you are called but you have been struggling to make sense of your call?
I would like you to consider the possibility that you may be called to one of the oldest and most noble professions that exists. That’s right! You may be called to be a Prophet. The Bible tells us that Abel was a Prophet. God has always used prophets to speak His word.
Surely the Lord God does nothing,
Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets. – Amos 3:7
To help you remove any guesstimates and uncertainty your call to this office I have outlined various signs that help you will give you the assurance of your call.
- You have an investigative spirit (nature). You are very observant. Things others overlook does not get pass you. Your eyes quickly see it.
- You perceive things before they happen. When it happens it is just a confirmation that what you sensed was correct.
- Experience frequent deja vu. That feeling that you have done this before. Everyone and everything looks familiar to you. You can tell the sequence of events that will happen.
- You are a futurist. Constantly envisioning what will happen in the future. Very often with great accuracy. Others may not be uncertain about the future but you can see the vision for the future.
- You think outside the box. Uncommon thinking is easy for you.
- You hate being limited by tradition and stagnancy.
- You can determine outcomes based on patterns.
- You are sensitive to the feeling of others. It makes you seem overly sensitive.
- You love to help others
- You are grieved by injustice
- You are grieved when people are hurt.
- You hate corruption.
- You are a solution provider. You can easily find solutions to problems that confound others, (see Daniel 5:12)
- You are a worshipper.
- You are saddened when worship is cut short.
- You hate sin.
- You like being alone with God.
- You love the Presence of God.
- You love justice, mercy and truth. (Matthew 23:23; Micah 6:8)
- You are willing to speak up in the face of persecution.
- You forgive easily.
- You are drawn to the supernatural.
- You have the spirit of an overcomer. Although you experience many trials you know that you will triumph over everything. (Jude 3; Proverbs 28:4)
- You are a change agent.
- You know the small still voice of God. Even from an early age.
- You are a dreamer.
- You are an optimist.
- You are attacked regularly by the enemy of your soul, the Devil, either directly or through people.
- You have an unshakable faith in the Word of God.
- You hate seeing people suffer from illness.
- You desire to see God’s glory manifested among the saints and anywhere you go.
- The words you speak come to past.
- You know stuff. No has to tell you everything. You just know how things happened.
- You have unnatural bravery. You are willing to charge into situations that others run from.
- You love to be stretched. You enjoy the process of discovery.
- You have the heart of a servant (Amos 3:7).
- You can identify the children of the devil.
- You love the demonstration of God’s power (1 Corinthians 2:4).
- You are a praying person. You enjoy spending lots of time in the Presence of the Lord and interceding on the behalf of others (Psalm 106:3).
- You repair the altars – the places of consecration, glory, prayer and dedication to the Lord (1 Kings 18:30; Psalm 43:4).
- You are willing to do what is necessary to stir the atmosphere for the flow of the Holy Spirit, even in dead places.
- You are willing to go where God sends you.
- You bless when you are persecuted, rejected or abused.
- You are a person of tremendous faith.
- You expose seducers, seducing spirits and foxes (crafty individuals), hypocrisy and hidden things.
- You preach prophetically, just by the leading of the Holy Spirit. You will step out in faith to teach or preach without being told what to say. In the moment, you will simply allow the Holy Spirit to use you. While you are preaching the Lord will reveal the mysteries of His Word and the issues facing your audience is revealed by the Holy Spirit.
- You can identify what people are experiencing by the feelings that occur in your body.
- The Lord sometimes tells you about the dangers facing someone and commissions you to warn them before it is too late.
If you have gone through the list and have ticked yes to most of the points stated above, there is a very strong possibility that God has called you as His Prophet. It is important to undertake the process to become a Prophet.
It is only when you are operating in the Office of the Prophet that you will experience significant joy, satisfaction and a sense of peace.
#calloftheprophets #officeoftheprophets #modernprophets #prophets #schooloftheprophets #repairersofthebreach #prophetshandbook #prophetictraining